Yoga Workshops & Retreats
Yoga for Changing Times – an online project
This is an evolving project. My intention is to offer a series of workshops- like a spiral growing and opening up over an indeterminate period. The workshops address how yoga can support us through the changing and often challenging times we are living through.
‘A shift in consciousness may sound grandiose to some, insufficient to others. But we live in a time of growing awareness of the intimate connections between outer and inner worlds’
(from The Future We Choose, by Christiana Figueres and Tom Rivett-Carnac)
Yoga for Changing Times is for practitioners or yoga teachers wanting to explore how the essential teaching and practice of yoga can make a ripple effect for change in our daily lives. We dive in deep, so some experience is helpful, but essentially I’m hoping to create a diverse community of people working creatively with yoga and some of the important issues facing our planet and the people living here in these changing times.
The project began in 2019 in person in Dublin. It moved online in the pandemic in 2020 and has since acquired an international flavour. It remains an online project. We meet on Zoom for two 3-hour sessions over weekends. The timing is chosen to suit both European and transatlantic time zones.
See here for details of upcoming workshops
‘The state of yoga … is a beginning and not an end-point … a momentary state, the initiator of a process which transforms both our perception and our being in the world.’ (Peter Hersnack)
In essence, yoga is a philosophical and spiritual teaching for living freely and fully in the world. The practice on the mat allows for a change on a cellular level. In a world which is changing so rapidly, our relationship with yoga can be a support, but it needs to be a living support, which can change as we do – and allow for a transformation of consciousness which is needed to move into the future.
The practice on the mat is like a laboratory for exploration which has the potential to change us on a cellular level, so we quite literally become ‘the change we want to see’.
What is essential in yoga can then remain both relevant and resonant to our changing lives.
My ‘vision’ is along these lines, but always very flexible – it’s a joint project!:
- an evolving community of people, some yoga teachers, others not, with the desire to explore how yoga can support and nourish us in this sometimes bewildering, fast-changing world.
- a nourishing space for practice, sharing and joyful living!
- an evolving process, led by the whole group.
- open to ideas and practices from other areas (somatic practices, ideas from environmental teachers etc).
- yoga in its broadest sense remaining as the hub of a turning wheel.
- online weekend workshops, with a specific theme to each workshop.
- all work to be grounded in practice– postures, the breath and meditative practice.
- 2 or 3 practices a day (some ‘mini’, some longer).
- workshop-style work to explore ideas and specific postures in more detail.
- sharing and discussion of key ideas from yoga teaching (mostly the Yoga Sūtra of Patanjali), which we then explore in practice.
- a recognition of our potential, and the need to tap into the unknown in order to ‘be the change we want to see’.
- yoga as a teaching for living– in order to inform our daily lives (work, family, and the local and global community ).
- inspired by the teaching of Peter Hersnack – filtered through our own experience.
Yoga for Changing Times, Spring 2024
samāpatti: moments of connection: new possibilities at the Equinox
Yoga for Changing Times, Summer 2024
sūrya: the power of the sun in us; its energy for transformation and change, at the time of the Summer Solstice
Workshops & retreats
I am offering a variety of workshops and retreats both online and in person.
I love this way of working and the scope it offers for exploration and discovery.
Workshops and retreats offer the opportunity to immerse yourself more deeply in yoga. Some people come to a week-long retreat as their first experience of yoga, and this is a wonderful way to begin.
Setting aside the time for yourself to be quiet and tune into yourself is an important gift to yourself. It is not always easy to do – but it is so valuable to nourish yourself and give yourself breathing space.
I offer a variety of workshops and retreats in Ireland and elsewhere in the world, from complete beginners to experienced teachers. I love to go into a new group and feel the possibilities there. Whether it is a morning, a day, a weekend or a week, the commitment that each individual makes simply to be there can allow for a magical process.
Six Windows into the Unknown: A new online series
Burren Yoga Retreat - Blossoming in Springtime
Yoga and meditation
Burren Yoga Retreat - Spaciousness in Summer
Yoga and meditation
Burren Yoga Retreat - Mellowing into Autumn
Yoga and meditation
I want to ensure that financial issues are not a barrier to attending my classes, workshops and retreats. If this is currently the case for you, please contact me by email, firstname.lastname@example.org, and we can have a chat to see how to make it possible for you.